Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Pregnancy Update - 15 Weeks


At 14 weeks

So, we've made it to 15 weeks - the 2nd trimester. While I've FELT fine this time again, it has not been without 'issues'. I have essentially, to some degree or another, have had bleeding on & off from 6 weeks until just last week. I've gone more than 2 days without it for the first time & it's great! Though, with as much as I've had, I keep wondering if it will return.

As all mothers know, no pregnant woman is in their right mind or rational. Now those close to me might argue this has always been the case for me, regardless of being with child or not, there's no denying it is at it's worst during pregnancy. However, there's no denying that any type of bleeding would be cause for concern during pregnancy. And with 2 miscarriages before Drew, I'm even that more tuned to the possibility that something could go horribly wrong. At first, it was quite minor, and the OB recommended no changes. However, the next 2 'events' have been more significant, requiring me to go on 'light duty' for a week or so each time. Now, this is not quite bed rest, but they really left me with little else to do but be in bed - no work, no picking up Drew, no lifting, etc. So, Drew went to daycare, the house did not get cleaned, I didn't go to work, and I sat in bed or at my desk - watching TV, surfing the internet, and having no excuse to ignore grad school work. Thankfully, as I said, for now, the bleeding has stopped & I am feeling good. I go on Monday for another checkup - I've been going about every 2 weeks at this point!

Now, now of this has been fun, and I'm not going to lie or hide, well, because it really doesn't fit me - there have been days & nights of tears, worry, anxiety, and restless sleep. But there has also been wonderful friends and family supporting us & the Lord showing us that He is with us at all times. The other neat thing is that I've now 'seen' our baby 4 times - that's right, in 15 weeks I've already had more sonograms that I had with Drew. But I feel like I already know this little one a bit. It's incredible how much they change those first few weeks in the womb. I've seen this baby transform from a bean to a little human being with fingers & toes, eyes, and a sweet face!

So, thought I'd share my goings-on & the pics of our baby. Your thoughts, prayers & support are much appreciated!


At 12 weeks


What a sweet face! And it kind of looks like Elvis hair! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Praying for a sense of peace through the rest of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete