Saturday, August 3, 2013

Happy Pirate Water-Palooza Birthday Party!



Well, you might know by now that I LOVE to throw birthday parties! I enjoy hosting, I love to have an excuse to have friends come over, Pinterest makes it too easy AND hard, and birthdays are just fun! So Matthew goes along with it, and is always amazed (and probably regretful and bewildered, a little bit agitated) with how far I can take it, but I do have fun! This year was no different...lots of decorating the house, decorating the cakes, etc., but it all came together and I think we all had a great time.


It wouldn't have gone quite as well without the awesome family we have to help get it all ready and keep it going...we are so blessed!


The party was from 10-1 on a warm, but not over the top hot for Texas August day, so we were happy about that. We had fans and shade prepared to keep us as comfortable as possible.





The kids had a good time with all the water play, and I think Matthew did too!
Drew at some point decided he was done playing and wanted to open presents and play with new toys, much to Mommy's chagrin. We staved him off as long as we could, but caved and quickly all the others followed suit. So we had a yummy, simple lunch of Pirate Ships (sandwiches), Cannon Balls (Grapes), Pirate Jewels (Fruit Salad), Pirate Grub (Pirate Booty Chips), and Deadman's Water (Strawberry Lemonade). (That was the part that Matthew and Kevin, and probably a few others, thought I'd gone overboard! :))


These boys all go to school together, and couldn't get enough of one another at the party either!
I hope meal time at school does not look anything like this, otherwise, those poor teachers!
The cakes turned out well, I was pleased! Though I think they looked better than they tasted, but I'm not much of a cake fan, but I'll have to work on that part. :) No one seemed to mind though!

I love when photos capture those classic expressions - classic Drew here.
Classic Noah here!
I love that they have almost the exact same expression here!

Despite the heat, the kids all decided to head outside afterward, but to the playground instead - you know, they just don't mind getting hot and sweaty! But at least they ran off all the sugar and excitement and I hope all the other kids crashed and took as good of naps as our boys did!


We had a fun time, we were all exhausted, but enjoyed being with everyone and so grateful to all those that helped us celebrate our boys! We are blessed beyond measure!

No comments:

Post a Comment